As a receptionist, your duties will include:
- Managing appointment bookings in a professional and efficient manner using the in-practice database system
- Receiving clients and patients for appointments, being sensitive to their needs and promoting a professional image at all times
- Receiving phone calls, resolving queries with consideration and in a timely manner and providing accurate information and advice where appropriate
- Maintaining product knowledge and being able to advise where necessary
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that the reception and other areas of the practice are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and are presentable at all times
- Assisting with various aspects of practice paperwork and administration
As you will often be the first point of contact for our patients and clients, it is of utmost importance that you are professional, confident and approachable and possess excellent customer service skills. Although full training will be provided, previous receptionist or customer-focused experience would be an advantage. You should be able to interact with our clients positively, providing a consistently high level of service.
The successful candidate will meet and greet clients, book appointments, deal with queries, take payments and communicate confidently with customers. You will also be required to assist with various practice administration tasks in your day-to-day duties. As this is a busy and demanding role, you must be computer literate, have a competent, professional telephone manner and be able to cope well under pressure.
This role will be for between 30 and 35 hours per week, and will involve afternoons/evenings and some Saturday mornings. There may also be the opportunity for additional hours to cover annual leave for other members of staff.
By joining us you will become part of a team dedicated to providing a superb standard of client and animal care within a friendly team.
In return, we offer a genuinely supportive and friendly working environment together with career development opportunities and an excellent package which includes a competitive salary and exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme.
If you are the person we are looking for, please send a covering letter and curriculum vitae to Mandy Moyle (Practice Manager), Highertown Veterinary Clinic, 23 Highertown, Truro, TR1 3QE. The closing date for applications is 31 July 2019.